How great it would be if the sneakers would keep their appearance as on their first use. Maybe you saw that once they get dirt you cannot regain that perfectly cleaned look. And that because you’re not washing them properly. Here are the steps that you have to follow in order to achieve cleaned and shiny sneakers:
Before we start
WARNING !!! This article is intended only for cleaning sneakers and tennis and not for other types of footwear.
Simple steps you need to follow are:
1) Simply purchase your shoes clean utensils.
If you do not have one then it’s time to improvise. You need: a mild soap or liquid dish detergent, sponge, cloth, two toothbrushes and toothpaste. You will immediately find what you need for the two toothbrushes. Do not use them for anything other than sweeping of shoes!
2) Remove the laces to avoid dirt them while you clean your shoes.
3) For sneakers and running shoes that have outer leather surface you should use a mild soap and a sponge or cloth. And do not forget the soles – and it must be clean too. However, you have to consider that too much washing it’s harmful because it will dry out the leather, which leads to cracking and damage it.
4) Sneakers and canvas sneakers are usually the most difficult to maintain.
Another way is to use two used toothbrushes. Use a toothbrush with warm water and soap to rub sneakers dirt and stains. The other brush you will use for the white parts of shoes (can you add bleach to whiten these surfaces and louder). Once you have finished cleaning the sneakers, clean the remnants with a paper towel.
5) Removing the stains from shoes is one thing that you don’t necessarily need to know how to do it. For this operation you need a toothbrush, a cloth, a little whitening toothpaste and hot water.
Slightly moisten the stained area with warm water, then put a little toothpaste on the toothbrush. Then rub the stained area with a brush and rinse with water mixed with liquid soap. Repeat these steps until the stain is completely removed.